1. The Commission have advised by Commission Regulation (EC) No 954/2006 and Commission Decision (2006/441/EC), OJ L175, a definitive Anti-Dumping Duty on imports of certain seamless pipes and tubes of iron or steel, of circular cross-section, of an external diameter not exceeding 406.4 mm with a Carbon Equivalent Value (CEV) not exceeding 0.86 according to the International Institute of Welding (IIW) formula and chemical analysis originating in Croatia, Romania, Russia and Ukraine and terminating the current impositions on certain seamless pipes and tubes of iron or non-alloy steel originating in Croatia and Ukraine with effect from 30 June 2006.
2. The product concerned will be classified within the following new commodity codes:
7304 10 10 20
7304 10 30 20
7304 21 00 20
7304 29 11 20
7304 31 80 30
7304 39 58 30
7304 39 92 30
7304 39 93 20
7304 51 89 30
7304 59 92 30
7304 59 93 20
2. The rate of the definitive Anti-Dumping Duty applicable to the net, free-at-Community-frontier price, before duty, shall be as follows:-
Croatia - 29.8%
Romania - 17.8% - additional code A999
SC TMK Artrom SA - 17.8% - additional code A738/X738*
SC Mittal Steel Roman SA - 17.7% - additional code A739/X739*
SC Silcotub SA - 11.7% - additional code A740/X740*
Russia - 35.8% - additional code A999
Joint Stock Company Chelyabinsk Tube Rolling Plant and Joint Stock Company Pervouralsky Novotrubny Works - 24.1% - additional code A741
Ukraine - 25.7% - additional code A999
OJSC Dnepropetrovsk Tube Works - 12.3% - additional code A742
CJSC Nikopolsky Seamless Tubes Plant Niko Tube and OJSC Nizhnedneprovsky Tube Rolling Plant - 25.1% - additional code A743
CJSC Nikopol Steel Pipe Plant Yutist - 25.7% - additional code A744
* The Commission have accepted undertakings from the Romanian companies above marked with an asterisk. Imports pursuant to this undertaking shall be exempt from the definitive Anti-Dumping Duty providing:-
(a) they are manufactured, shipped and invoiced directly by the said companies to the first independent customer in the Community
(b) such imports are accompanied by an undertaking invoice which is a commercial invoice containing at least the elements and the declaration stipulated in the Annex (see attached) of the above Regulation
(c) the goods declared and presented to customs correspond precisely to the description on the undertaking invoice.
The current definitive Anti-Dumping Duty on the following commodity codes has been terminated so the commodity codes are deleted:-
7304 1010 10
7304 1030 10
7304 3180 90
7304 3992 90
Commodity code 7304 3993 00 has been replaced by the following taric breakdowns with the Anti-Dumping Duty only on the 20 breakdown:
7304 3993 20
7304 3993 80
CHIEF was updated by 8.30am 30 June 2006. Post entry action may be necessary
The printed tariff will be amended in due course.
This information should be displayed to the public upon receipt.
The following elements shall be indicated in the commercial invoice accompanying the company's sales of certain seamless pipes and tubes, of iron or steel, to the Community which are subject to an undertaking:
1. The heading ‘COMMERCIAL INVOICE ACCOMPANYING GOODS SUBJECT TO AN UNDERTAKING’.
2. The name of the company mentioned in Article 1 of the Commission Decision 2006/441/EC accepting the undertaking issuing the commercial invoice.
3. The commercial invoice number.
4. The date of issue of the commercial invoice.
5. The TARIC additional code under which the goods on the invoice are to be customs cleared at the Community frontier.
6. The exact description of the goods, including:
- Product code number (PCN) used for the purposes of the investigation and the
undertaking (for example PCN 1, PCN 2, etc),
- plain language description of the goods corresponding to the PCN concerned,
- Company Product Code (CPC) (if applicable),
- CN code,
- quantity (to be given in metric tonnes).
7. The description of the terms of the sale, including:
- price per metric tonne,
- the applicable payment terms,
- the applicable delivery terms,
- total discounts and rebates.
8. Name of the company acting as an importer in the Community to which the commercial invoice accompanying goods subject to an undertaking is issued directly by the company.
9. The name of the official of the company that has issued the invoice and the following signed declaration:
‘I the undersigned, certify that the sale for direct export to the European Community of the goods covered by this invoice is being made within the scope and under the terms of the undertaking offered by [COMPANY], and accepted by the Commission through its Decision 2006/441/EC, I declare that the information provided in this invoice is complete and correct.’ EN L 175/38 Official Journal of the European Union 29 June 2006.
This document is available in the following formats
Please be aware that our PDF, Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents will open in a new window.